Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post #8

What can we learn about teaching and learning from Randy Pausch?

In the video Randy Pausch's Last Lecture, Randy gave an amazing lecture. From this video alone I can tell that Randy is a very determined and inspiring person. What can we learn from Randy? NEVER GIVE UP. Every story Randy told he ran into a "brick wall." Randy used that brick wall to prove to himself and everyone else how badly he wanted to achieve his goal. As a teacher, you will always run into obstacles and it is important for yourself and your students that you overcome those obstacles. As a learner, you need to be open to accept that you will hit a "brick wall" but you must learn to find a way to get to your goal. Any experience, good or bad, is a learning experience. I hope that as an educator I have Randy's determination when I run into "brick walls."

quote from Randy Pausch

2 comments:

  1. Julie, it is important to overcome obstacles. You made some great points :) Your post was a little brief, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch the video due to time management issues. I've heard that it was really inspiring and worth watching for the entire hour duration. I plan to go back and watch it, whenever I have the time, just for the experience. After reading your post, it seems like the video has some messages in it that I need to hear. I've had many "brick walls" come up this past month. I could use the words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete