Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Outline

1: Who am I?
A: Julie Jones
B: 22
C: Elementary Education Major, Junior at USA

2: Why do I want to be an educator?
A: To teach children how to have fun with learning.
B: To show my students how to have a positive outlook on life.

3: What does an educator do in his or her practice?
A: Teach children necessary skills for life.
B: Teach children to correlate learning with fun.
C: Teach children to explore with their own ideas.

4: What are my passions?
A: Making people happy.
B: Helping Others.
C: Learning about becoming a teacher.
D: Travel.

About Julie Jones

My name is Julie Jones. I am a 22 year old Elementary Education major at South Alabama. For 19 years I lived in Bayou la Batre, Alabama until I moved to Mobile to be closer to the university. I chose to go to the University of South Alabama because it was close enough for me to still be able to spend time with my family while living in Mobile. I am currently engaged to my boyfriend of five years. He is also attending South Alabama where he is seeking a degree in Electrical Engineering.

My fiancé and I love to travel, so currently it is becoming our hobby. We have been to Gatlinburg, TN, Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Pensacola, Florida, Honolulu, Hawaii, and several other places. So far, my favorite was Hawaii! My brother is in the air force and currently stationed in Honolulu with his wife and two children. Going to Hawaii was an easy choice with family over there. Next, we plan on Mexico!

Why do I want to be in the field of education?

I believe that I can make a difference. I feel confident that I could brighten the futures of young children. I love to bring happiness and joy to people and I believe I will be able to accomplish that as an elementary teacher. To me, being a teacher is about helping students realize their true potentials and helping them to explore their owns ideas and express their creativity. I want to be a teacher. I will be a teacher.

What an educator's work entails in the 21st century.

Being an educator is more than just providing work for students. You are a supporter, a helper, a listener, and many others things. Educators are required to set up the foundations to having necessary life skills. Children need to be taught to correlate learning and fun and how to explore their own creativity. Educators help make students who they are. Life skills, good habits, how to have fun, how to work well in groups, and many other important ideas are taught to students by their teachers.

My passion is traveling and this is a picture from when I traveled to Hawaii. This picture was taken at the USS Arizona at the Pearl Harbor Memorial.

A vacation picture from pearl harbor memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment